The Friends of the St. Clair Shores Public Library appreciates your donation. For any future donations, please help our staff and volunteers who sort them by observing the following guidelines.
We gratefully accept:
- Hardcover and paperback books in good condition and less than 10 years old
- Clean, undamaged copies of “classic” titles
- Paperback fiction, mysteries and romance novels in good condition
- CDs and DVDs commercially published
- Donations should be brought to the library circulation desk in a bag or box marked “Friends.” For large donations, please inquire at the circulation desk.
- Bring your donations during library operating hours; do not leave donations outside the doors.
- Sorry, we cannot provide home pick-up of donations.
- Library staff cannot assist you in transporting books from your vehicle.
- We do not determine the value of your donation.
- Your donation will be considered for Friends of the Library book sales. Proceeds from our sales support library needs. Thank you!
We cannot accept:
- Damaged, yellowed, soiled, musty or moldy books. These should be thrown away, not taken to the library.
- Clearly outdated materials
- Condensed books (e.g. Reader’s Digest)
- Professional journals
- Encyclopedias or textbooks
- Specific field books (e.g. medicine, law, accounting, health, travel guides)
- Computer games
- VHS videos
- Vinyl records
Thank you for your support.
Friends of the St Clair Shores Public Library